Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Más Ovaltine Por Favor

My words were mix and entropy. I was not feeling brave enough to artfully display principles of thermodynamics nor explore the possibility of the universe becoming a constant temperature and everything exploding. So I chose mix. So then I thought about things in my house that are mixed. My laundry, my salted nuts, Kroger brand Kool Aide, Dip mix, etc. Then after rummaging through my mixed items, I remembered the ultimate mix that keeps my heart beating on a daily basis: my beloved Ovaltine. Ovaltine and I go waaaaay back to days where I would pretend it was Sanka coffee and sit on the couch with my grandmother watching Oprah. Those were good times. That's how I settled on the act of mixing my all time favorite beverage. Be still, my heart.
The final image is a collection of individual images from progressive states in the mixing process, from powder, through the various stages of lumpiness, to finally sweet smooth chocolaty perfection.
I am currently drinking this marvelous concoction and I must say, the gods can keep their nectar and ambrosia, because I've got Ovaltine.

No comments:

Post a Comment