Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sweet justices

If I were a superhero, I would be the Queen of Denial. As Queen of Denial, I'd be able to control people's thoughts in order to make them tell people "no". I'd like this power because sometimes people just have to be told that they're wrong or that they can't get what they want. I, unfortunately, do not always have this ability, so I think it would be awesome to have as a super power. "Do these Uggs look good with my tank top and denim miniskirt?" "Hey man, could you loan me $5" "OMG, do you think Jeremy likes me?" All things that should probably be answered with "no" but doormats all over the world answer "yes". I would end this cycle of white lies one slightly-too-nice person at a time. Think Yes Man, but with "no", and only in situations where a "no" is deserved. I got this idea from being Cleopatra for Halloween and the pun that goes along with that whole river thing. However, I wouldn't be one of those deus ex machina superheroes in a shiny bodysuit that swoops down from the sky with glitter and trumpets. I'd be a plainclothes superhero. The gods did their best work in plainclothes, so if it worked for them, it should work for me. The only sign I'd give that I had any involvement in the situation would be a very approving, congratulatory thumbs up. Otherwise, it might make that conversation a bit more awkward that it was already going to be.

I like that I pop up in the corner and for the most part I am to scale with the rest of the people in the picture. I also like that it's in comic book form,. Every good superhero has a comic book. However, I am upset that I had to use a stock photo as my setting. It is actually unnaturally difficult to find a group of people talking in a position that would be conducive to thought bubbling, while not seeming like a total creep. Trick or treating is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment