Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Try to name one thing you like. You used to have such a longer list.

I consider myself a fairly unorganized person. Everything is a mess, then eventually gets funneled into wherever it needs to be. I thought that the weird swirl pattern represented that quite nicely. I attempted to make my images and text look as if they were also following the pattern of being sucked through the funnel. The bold colors make the piece seem extra busy, which helps illustrate what I imagine my brain to look like. The items mostly relate to people in my life, which shows how much I care about and vary from food to bags to jewelry, which in a way shows how I find connections in strange places. Also, the majority of my items relate to the past, which I suppose shows my love of nostalgia. It doesn't really show my personality though. I don't consider this humorous or cynical so I don't know if people would expect me from this image, or vise versa. In fact, I don't think you could even get a grasp of my everyday life from these images unless it involves wearing lots of jewelry while drinking Crown Royal and eating Cheez-its and using various electronic items while lying under a blanket. Which it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment